Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NECKBRACE

In this shade I find rest.
The sun’s coming out, winter will soon be gone.
As far as I can see to the right, the sky is crystal blue.
As far as I can see to the left, it is the same.
Why, God, did you choose blue?
And now, this wind blows my hair and the pages of my journal.
My God, how did you think of wind?
There are people walking everywhere.
You thought of their muscles. You engineered their brain!
The stresses of this world weigh heavy on my back, but it is good.

I used to walk around with my head down, focused on where I need to go. I had my plan and I had a need to execute it. But recently I’ve realized there’s a lot going on around me. I started loking at people’s faces when I walk by them. Man, the LORD is creative. There are some really funny looking people, and there’s some really stereotypically beautiful people. Me personally, I think the fact that everyone looks different makes everyone beautiful. Its just a shadow of whats really going on inside.

That’s another thing I’m realizing. The world doesn’t revolve around me, and my problems aren’t the only ones in the world. Some people wear their stress on their face. some are exausted. Some are so incredibly happy to be alive. Others walk with their heads down, looking up ocasionally just to see if any one notices them. Sometimes we feel invisible.

I want to notice everything, because I feel like my God has creatively shaped my world for a reason. If I could begin to realize that the human population is far greater than myself, a lot of my narcisistic pride would fade away. I am but a face in the crowd, but God has been gracious enough to lift my head. I once was the one that tried to be invisible, but God has sanctified me and told me “lift your head, My world is good.”



.

1 comment:

  1. Romans 1:19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature.

    ReplyDelete